Hoofdsponsor

1/12 Porsche 910 - Rebuild [wip]

If you look at the beginning photos and the result is now, great work

A uniform color gives it a total new look, and this will look even better when some collor comes along... Looking forward to that moment.. :winking:

I haven't commented in this thread yet, but I am following with interest. When I was a teenager I was drooling over these large scale kits, but alas, I never had the amount of pocketmoney needed for one of those beauties.
And of course when I did have a job and some money they were out of production, although I did once make the 1/12 JPS Lotus that unfortunately ended between the jaws of a Great Dane (mind you : I do have a replacement for it now, including AM decals for the JPS version that isn't allowed in the mainstream shops now).

Evening Chaps, well risen from the dead as they say and time to get this finished .
with the Buick giving me a hell of a time the Porsche started giving me the stink eye , i decided better get this done and having a good power day i decided a bit of paint on parts the best way to start up again.

dash1.jpegdash2.jpeg
Above is the Dash Board , had to do some modifications to it as it just didnt look right , turned out ok in the end i think now just waiting for some decals

small parts.jpeg
Above are some of the small parts as well as the dash and the modified fuel tank in there final paint , will add a small bit of wash here and there as i see fit to dirty it up a bit , dont want to much dirt, want a new slightly used look .

fuel pump.jpeg

Now for the tricky bit , above is the a transfer fuel from a Porsche. I need to scratch build this little chap to add to the engine compartment .

Well guys that is that for now, just hope to have some more good power days so that i can get more done , I have added white to chasis shell, need to get some 2k clear varnish and thinner on so as to polish it out , didnt want to go this route but the oils on the hands seem to soften the Tamiya paint and it gets all sticky one , don't know if you chaps have ever experienced this.

thanks a lot for looking and please comments always welcome

Cheers G

Nicely painted parts G.
Do see some mold lines here and there but guess you won't see that anymore once they are fitted on the car.
Keep it up m8, finish those baby's.

Good to see you back on this model.

Looks like a nice little scratch building project, depending on how detailed you'd like to achieve that fuel-pass-through.

Oils and other contaminants may have an effect on unprotected paints, unfortunately. Now that you''ll be 2K'ing your coats of paint, the opportunity arises to fully polish the model, enhancing its overall looks.

HEy guys have picked this one up again, its time as they say to get it completed.

I have added Clear Gloss to the Tub and will polish that out shortly then i will add the engine and other detail

Updates to follow shortly

Good to see you back on this model.

Looks like a nice little scratch building project, depending on how detailed you'd like to achieve that fuel-pass-through.

Oils and other contaminants may have an effect on unprotected paints, unfortunately. Now that you''ll be 2K'ing your coats of paint, the opportunity arises to fully polish the model, enhancing its overall looks.
Hi Ron Yes , but i will not be using 2K , I have taken quite a liking MR Color UV Cut and it seems to work very well and it is also not so heavy on the decals. Must just be careful what washes i use and make sure that i only use enamel based washed on it.

Is that UV cut from mr hobby safe on decals? I heard otherwise.

Looking forward too future updates.

Is that UV cut from mr hobby safe on decals? I heard otherwise.

Looking forward too future updates.
Well on the NR that I am completing the Tamiya decals which were a disaster, as the broke up by just looking at them, they held out fine with the UV Cut, no issues at all. but as per usual i always do a test on an unused decal from the specific build

Users who are viewing this thread

Terug
Bovenaan