Hoofdsponsor

1/24 1/24 Hasagawa Porsche 944 ( Porsche Cup)

Schaal 1/24 - 1/25
ERVARING
A few years
BOUWWIJZE
Everything goes . Kit, scratch, resin , PE
BOUWBUDGET
What ever is afordable
BOUWSTATUS
Restarted Work In progress
COMMENTAREN
Oh Yes please some great builders here

GraemeB

Registered
Lid geworden
24 sep 2012
Hi Guys . about time i added a build here,

Currently i am busy completing builds that i srarted ages ago and never got done with, At the Moment I am completing A Tamiya Honda NR 750 that I started 23 years ago and never completed, well this is almost complete. should be done by the Weekend if all goes well. See below

NR_almost_done.jpg

Lovely Model , i will add pictures once it is complete.

With that been nearing the end i will continue with the Porsche 944 Turbo that started life around 8 years ago, it's a 24 scale Hasagawa kit as per the Blauwpunkt Porsche that Raced

Porsche_944_Turbo_Cup_Coupe_1986_frontleft_2009-03-14_A.JPG

Here is a picture of the actual car

Plans.jpg

Plan and the Decals , i just hope that the Decals are Usable they look good but being from 1987 i am very hopeful

sprues.jpgsmall_parts.jpg

Here are the Sprues and other associated parts

body_parts.jpg

Body parts as boxed al those years ago

Lights.jpg

Here the front end , what i did here was i glued the light in, these were made as popups , however they didn't really work , more of a gimmick if you ask me , they were also full of sink marks , so i just divided them and made the solid , lights down.

So while paint and glue is drying on the bike i will pick this one up along with the Porsche 910

Laatst bewerkt:
Hope to see a new car born out of this.

Good luck and have fun.

Untitled 2.jpg

Hi Guys , here a bit better of an update , above is what the 944's front end looks like when you dont do lots of work on it , looks really bad if you ask me . Like i indicated previously the lights are meant to be workable , but no thanks , cut them up and glued them in,

Untitled 4.jpg

Above is where i am now , i like it a lot but is was tricky to get everything to line up properly , looks heaps better

Untitled 1.jpg

Here the gaps behind the lights filled them up with some sheet plastic on the side of the lights

Untitled 5.jpg
A lot better but the gaps are exaggerated by the zoom

Untitled 3.jpgUntitled.jpg

Some additional pix , thanks a lot for looking , as per usual comments are always welcome

What i have also done is scribe all the panel lines to deepen and define them , probably about 5 strokes per line.

Thank you till next time

Certainly looks a lot better in my opinion and nice to read you deepened the panel lines as well, something often forgotten by car builders.

Nice improvement to the headlights.

Hi Guys , thanks for all comments and likes , greatly appreciated.

Got the Racing white on. Finnish looks good will now leave for week to cure the hit with 1000grit wet, and apply the decals ,just hope and pray that the decals are fine considering they are almost 40 years old .

Side.jpgtop.jpgfront .jpg

Thanks for looking

Looking realy nice and shiney. After the work on the headlights, wasn't it an option to cut the doorhandles, hollow them and reglue?

Looking realy nice and shiney. After the work on the headlights, wasn't it an option to cut the doorhandles, hollow them and reglue?
hi, yes it was and I only realised after it had been sprayed, I will do so next time, could have made them look a lot better , they are almost exactly the same as the old Golf 1 door handles,thank you for the heads up.

Laatst bewerkt:
Hi guys just a quick update , this one is on hold for a short while , decals are slightly yellow so I have them in the window to bleach them a bit , as I said to my good Friend Erwin I cant even build it as a civilian version if the decals fail, as the kit is for a racing version and has no interior, so we hope all works out ok,

Will keep you all appraised.

Cheers

Good luck with the decals , verry nice car a friend of me has an 1/1 completely rebuilt with my help isend some pictures

Here are some pictures of the Porsche of my friend

Bijlagen

• IMG_5635.JPG
    IMG_5635.JPG
    298 KB · Weergaven: 4
  • IMG_5633.JPG
    IMG_5633.JPG
    277,1 KB · Weergaven: 4
  • FVEC6776.JPG
    FVEC6776.JPG
    188,8 KB · Weergaven: 3
  • CITS5828.JPG
    CITS5828.JPG
    219,1 KB · Weergaven: 4
  • IMG_5962.JPG
    IMG_5962.JPG
    365 KB · Weergaven: 3
  • IMG_5638.JPG
    IMG_5638.JPG
    234,9 KB · Weergaven: 4
  • IMG_5636.JPG
    IMG_5636.JPG
    276,9 KB · Weergaven: 3
  • IMG_5963.JPG
    IMG_5963.JPG
    355 KB · Weergaven: 3
Mooie foto's, zij het wel van een 928 (met dubbel zoveel cilinders trouwens).

Users who are viewing this thread

Terug
Bovenaan