Hoofdsponsor

1/35 Tiger 2 Late Version 35 Scale ( Rebuild ) [!]

Status
Niet open voor verdere reacties.

GraemeB

Registered
Lid geworden
24 sep 2012
Well guys something that I have been researching and pottering arround with for a long time now is the Tiger II late version. Info pertaining to this one is very scarce with very few real photos available, I have found some which should be enough to get this build done.

I will explane what and how as the build progresses.

P1010807.jpg

It must be noted that this is a rebuild of a previously completed kit that I was gifted, above are the pieces that have been stipped and paint removed.

P1010808.jpg

Above are a set of Hobby Boss tracks that I found that should be ok for this conversion, i just hope that the link count is ok for use on the Tamiya Kit.

Now for the fun and games

IMG_4301.jpg

Well considering the age if the origional kit and a similar one that I have there were never any rear mudflaps, so above is the start of a set of flaps , scratch built from pastic, they still need to be finnished. (BTW I have been down this road before :shock: )

IMG_4302.jpg

At some stage in its life this cat had fenders but they are long gone so here we go scratching again. i will not be using all the sections so there will be some to spare.

IMG_4309.jpg

IMG_4311.jpg

Front fenders were also non existant but no problem there as this is thone area where the first of the changes came to play and you will see that the fenders are reinforced at the edges.
Above is the process that I used to fabricate the new front fenders.

IMG_4304.jpg

The Hobby Boss Tracks include the additional teeth needed co convert the 9 tooth sprocket wheel to a 18 tooth, straight forward and no issues here.

The Late Tiger 2 carried what they called the upgraded track option

IMG_4306.jpg

IMG_4307.jpg

IMG_4308.jpg

As for the rest it is just a question of strip everything off in preparation for the upgrades.

Enjoy

I will be posting an update on the Tatra soon as well

Hi Graeme, looks like a nice project. I'm following this one.

Very nice job you've done so far Graeme. Convinced this baby will turn out ok in your hands.

Nice job.

The scratch on the fenders is very good. Specially the curved front fenders are well done.
Why don't you build them from copper foil ? Very easy to bent, easyli to solder or glue and a good base for battle damage...

Grtz Rik

Thanks for the comments chaps appreciated.

@ Rik, as to your question, I can use copper or brass sheet, but cost is a major factor for me I buy my flat sheet plastic in sheets if 1800 mm x 1000 mm for around 10 Euro a sheet and brass is around 9 Euro for a piece measuring 300 x 300 mm.

No comparison and i find the plastic easier to work with, however all things aside i do use brass sheet for certain parts sometimes.

nice work, but i have a question how did you fold the front fender ?

GRTZ
Koen

THanks for the comments chaps , much appreciated.
@ Koen, I will post an explanation for you next time round.....

Not to much more done, I scratched the cover in the red circle and added the grill covers, from what i have been able to ascertain is that these covers were fitted to protect the radiators during strafing runs by allied aircraft, next i will add the fuel vent pipes

IMG_4312.jpg

IMG_4317.jpg

Enjoy

Here another small update, not to much done I added the bolts to the armor covers, I added the fuel tank vent pipes and the grills.

IMG_4318.jpg

IMG_4319.jpg

IMG_4320.jpg

IMG_4321.jpg

Enjoy

Status
Niet open voor verdere reacties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Terug
Bovenaan