Hoofdsponsor

1/72 Roman Candle Missile with Mobile Launcher (Matchbox - Italeri - Hasegawa)

Status
Niet open voor verdere reacties.
N

Nortley

Hello my model building friends,
Here are a few pictures of a model that I build some time ago. It is the Roman Candle air to air multiple warhead missile carrier on a mobile launcher. The prototype, which is entirely a product of my twisted imagination, would have worked like this. Early warning observers would detect and track an incoming bomber formation. As the bombers approached the target area, the halftrack launch vehicle would emerge from shelter, and at the same time a control aircraft would fly over and acquire radio control over the missile. The missile would launch, powered by a solid fuel booster, and when up to sufficient speed to start the pulse jet main engine, the booster would drop off. Under radio control of the guide aircraft, the missile would be steered toward the bomber formation. As the missile neared the bombers, its own radar set would acquire and lock onto the formation, and the guide aircraft would escape. When the missile's radar detected the proper range, rockets stacked end to front in tubes in the missile's fuselage would sequentially fire, sending a storm of destruction into the bombers. The missile itself would continue into the bombers, exploding in their midst. Be very happy that I am a peaceful soul who was not yet born when this device would have been created.
The model is based on three kits, a Matchbox 1/72 Blohm und Voss BV141, an Italeri 1/35 Panzer I, and the catapult from a Hasegawa 1/72 Kawanishi Alf. The rest was supplied from the parts farm or scratchbuilt.

Bijlagen

• RK 001.jpg
    RK 001.jpg
    69,1 KB · Weergaven: 37
  • RK 003.jpg
    RK 003.jpg
    47,3 KB · Weergaven: 37
  • RK 005.jpg
    RK 005.jpg
    50,7 KB · Weergaven: 25
  • RK 011.jpg
    RK 011.jpg
    52 KB · Weergaven: 26
  • RK 017.jpg
    RK 017.jpg
    37,4 KB · Weergaven: 24
  • RK 024.jpg
    RK 024.jpg
    42,9 KB · Weergaven: 25
Laatst bewerkt:
Would have been pretty pain the a** for the allied formations. Nice model.

Welcome to the forum, maybe you could write also an introduction about yourself and, where you are from (because we're not yet used reading English on this forum)

Hi Nortley,

This is an exclusive model..... not very common it seems to me.
Very nice indeed!

[mod]
I moved this topic to the show-your-finished-model-here-part because it isn't build on this forum.
[/mod]

Hi Nortley,

That's a very nice "what-if" project :) Great looking model and a very convincing story behind it.
Hope to see more of your work. Maybe you can post a build log ?

Feel free to introduce yourself in this topic : http://www.modelbouwen.be/even-voorstellen/

If you have difficulties with the flemish / dutch texts in our forum, just yell, and we"ll give you a hand ;)
We"ll do our best to translate them for you, but I'm afraid that it will sound a lot like this :

YouTube - Does your dog bite? :laugh:

Sincerely

Pascal

scary mate
what iff your project has slipped in site my brain
long before i had seen yours
iff whe would have been sientists in those days.............

greets the head sponsor scotty

Hello Nortley,

Welcome on this forum.

Waaw, nice intro you've made 8)
I realy like the model. Very detailed. (small size ;))
And a nice background story...

Hope to see more of your work.

Grtz,
Beyond

Stunning work ! Good paint job too, I like this for sure ! GUnit.

Hey, :)

Indeed, agree with the guy's here, it's a nice build you have. ;)

Hi Nortley,

This is a very nice imaginary project you've build. In addition to the different scale, I think it's also a very well found idea. I'm furthermore very curious if you can show us more of you're buildingskills? Because I enjoy this kind of work.

Cheers,
Swa

Thank you all for your interest and kind remarks on this model. Unfortunately, I do not have any build photos. I've been intrigued by the luft '46 idea before it had a name, at least as a kid in school you could tell how bored I was in class was by the number of airplanes I drew. There were a number of other very interesting projects by other nations as well, I particularly like some of the engines that the USA was working on before jets displaced the piston aero engine.

Status
Niet open voor verdere reacties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Terug
Bovenaan