Hoofdsponsor

1/32 1910 Buick

GraemeB

Registered
Lid geworden
24 sep 2012
Edit: dit is een voormalig groepsbouwproject, dat helaas niet binnen de groepsbouwperiode kon worden afgerond.
Edit: this is a former group build project, that unfortunately could not be finalized within the group build period.

Evening Fellow builders, let me try this and see how i progress, I understand there is around 4 weeks left on this project , Straight from the box with no fancies. wow this takes me back to 40 Plus years ago, well as you can see its an oldie and a very simple kit. the only issue is no color call outs so i will select a color from the examples on the interwebs. Will probably go with Red and a black accents and interior,

boxart.jpegplans.jpegSprues.jpeg

Thank you so much and thanks for looking

G

Laatst bewerkt door een moderator:
Hi @GraemeB now that's a special kit, never seen one of these before.

Don't worry about the group build period, everyone gets the same deal: 5 weeks of building time starting from first removal of any part from the sprue (or any other treatment of any part from any sprue, except degreasing).

So as soon as you tell us you've started, the 5 week building period starts.

Most important regulations of this group build:

- Pinwash and/or drybrush are allowed. No further weathering please.
- No diorama.
- No alternative decals.
- No aftermarket photo etch / resin or the like.
- Additions to the kit are not allowed (so for example, no spark plug cables on this Buick please). Removals are allowed though (so if you want to drill a hole to add realism to the exhaust pipe, that's okay).
- Ejector pin marks, flash, casting seams and other scars of the kit and its fitment, can be resolved / cleaned through puttying, sanding, scraping et cetera.

Thanks for joining, I'll add you to the list of participants. Have fun with this challenging beauty!

Insofar the kit instructions do not provide a paint schedule (it seems they don't), you're free to pick colours as desired.

Insofar the kit instructions do not provide a paint schedule (it seems they don't), you're free to pick colours as desired.

Yes there are no call for paint only a brass sprue which i will upload a pic of when i get to that stage

plans2.jpeg

And I guess it has started .

Thanks for the interest
G

Laatst bewerkt:
Great beautiful car and would love to follow it.

Almost done :D

I'll update the topic and list of participants.

Let's say, 18:30h starting time (=topic start time)? If different, pls let me know.

Nice start. The car looks stunning in that red livery.

Very nice car and yes....red wil make it a great car:biggrin:

Oh I like this car very much... going to follow the process from plastic to a real-looking car. Nice color...enjoy your build.

Nice car, reminds me of a very similar diecast model I had as a kid, I think, if memory serves me well, that it was metallic grey.

Good luck and have fun.

Looks like an unique model, not often seen completed..
Good luck and have fun ;)

Hi @GraemeB, any updates on this vintage belle? 18 days to go for this group build project.. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Terug
Bovenaan