Hoofdsponsor

1/12 Porsche 910 - Rebuild [wip]

GraemeB

Registered
Lid geworden
24 sep 2012
Well guys , am lining up my next car project, this is another rebuild, received 2 accident damaged Porsche 910's, one from a friend and the other from a fellow club member.

This is also for a large scale build off, and needs to be completed by September.

IMG_0787.jpg

Managed to get a set of instructions with the one kit so all in order here

IMG_0788.jpg

Some very interesting info on the first page

IMG_0785.jpg

HAHAHA as you can see i have a heap of spares that need to be reworked, on a quick assessment it seems that i will have enough spares to build one complete car, just need to order a decal set for it,

Thanks for looking

Laatst bewerkt door een moderator:
Wow that's a lot of spares to build one car. You definately have some work ahead of you, go for it!

Seems like a hell of a job to me. Good luck, you’ll need it. :-)

Nice car, bit of a challenge I think, looks very promising

Greetzzzz Modest

Great cars , i follow on the tip of my chair
Succes
Marc

Nice patina on the Porsches :)

Great looking car by the way, one of my favourites in the Tamiya 1/12 series.

Unfortunately rather expensive these days.

Good luck, have fun :)

Well Hello guys, here some updates on the Porsche,.
Currently in lockdown mode so we have some time for plastic, I have started gathering all the parts together from the 2 kits and sorting through them to find the best ones,

IMG_1004.jpg

Also started working on the chassis , although this is a Tamiya kit it is definitely not of the shake and bake type and needs a lot of work , here you can see heaps of filler on the underside of the chassis, theses are all ejector pin marks and sink holes. Next will be sanding.

IMG_1053.jpg

Thank you for looking , I will have another update tomorrow

good luck with the rebuild
looking forward to see more

Mark

Well guys thanks for the comments, as promised there will be updates this evening.
The first is not really related to the Porsche but the result will be used on the Porsche, always being in need of Bolts screws and rivets i went and ordered a mold from Greenstuff World and gave it a test run as i needed some large bolts, so here we go with the results.

IMG_1005.jpg

IMG_1006.jpg

IMG_1007.jpg

These will come in handy with sizes ranging from 0.5mm to 2 mm
I used oven bake clay, which worked fine , the best though is Green Stuff as it can be machined without any problem, the oven bake is fine if used as is but not at all good for drilling and machining as it is very brittle and breaks easy, on the pictures are bolts and rivets of all sizes.

Well here is the second post for this evening , started work on the engine as well , the detail on the engine is not bad but it does show its age.

IMG_1056.jpg

It will need a lot of work and more,detailing , a good starting point.

Here is the injector pump, the one on the left is the before and the right side the modified one , much better. I will replace the hose connectors brass rod as the plastic ones break for no reason at all ,

IMG_1060.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

Also grabbed some Top Studio connectors and braided hoses to spruce it up a bit

IMG_1062.jpg

Thanks for looking

Laatst bewerkt:
Well guys, its been a while and hi time I revive this build I have managed to complete the engine, I like the way that it has
come out

left.jpeg

right.jpeg

Throttle linkages all scratch
Plug leads a nightmare

Still one or two small tweaks to do but will move onto the chassis now

Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoyed it

Wonderfull job, put some petrol in and it runs !

Nice and clean build .

Wow i love the engine , nice build
Marc

Thanks a lot for the comments chaps , and yes the entire body needs a lot of sanding and filling ,

Evening chaps, a quick update here, done a heap of work on the body parts and gave it its first coat of primer.
Grey works best for identifying faults, I will now wet sand it with 3000 grit and apply a white primer in preparation for the Main coat of white.

What a difference a bit of primer makes

side.jpeg

front.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Terug
Bovenaan