Hoofdsponsor

1/43 Bf 109 f4 - icm

GraemeB

Registered
Lid geworden
24 sep 2012
1/48 BF 109 F4 - ICM kit

Well chaps as you have probably read from Erwin's post we have decided to have a build off / joint build and that it would be a BF 109.
I decided on the BF 109 F-4 and Erwin doing the FiSK

Here it is then in all its glory, I will be building OOB with a bit of scratch

IMG_0478.jpg

IMG_0480.jpg

IMG_0481.jpg

IMG_0482.jpg

IMG_0721.jpg

Above is the option that I will be doing , the decal set is part of those supplied with the kit

IMG_0722.jpg

Above a photo of the actual plane

Laatst bewerkt:
Beautiful plane,
1/43 scale I had never heard of it:8
Probably a writing error.;)

Good luck, I follow

Grtz.

Luc8)

Indeed Lucske it is 1/48, operator problems

Well here is some catchup, i have started this build a while ago so am a bit ahead of it

Here is progress on the engine OOB with some scratch build.

IMG_0717.jpg

IMG_0718.jpg

IMG_0719.jpg

IMG_0720.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_0736.jpg

IMG_0738.jpg

i did have a color issue with the interior , i dont think it is right but the plan call or pale green, and the color used is an RLM color, i just applied a wash to tone it down

IMG_0739.jpg

Thank you for looking

Most modellers know it as RLM02.

Nice plumbing, weathering / dirt is a bit strong for my taste.

Dear GraemeB i am not so good in Englisch sorry but i like this build verry match
Marc

Hey G,

Nice build so far. I follow Roy, the wash is al little bit te strong.
Youre details on the engine looks great… ;) :)

Thank you for the comments appreciated

Dear GraemeB i am not so good in Englisch sorry but i like this build verry match
Marc

No hassle at all you are most welcome to communicate in Dutch if you like.

@ Roy and Swaken

Comments on the weathering is noted and i will remember that for the next one

Laatst bewerkt:
Well here for the next update .

The first issue with this kit, i think it is a great idea from ICM to make the nose of this plane comprise 5 separate parts, however the problem is that once you build the engine complete and install it as per the plan then you cannot install the engine covers in the closed position and I wanted to have only the one side open,
therefore i needed to trim down the completed engine on the one side as well as thin down the engine cover on the left side to get it to close.

Very sad indeed , but you need to do what you need to do.

IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

IMG_0770.jpg

Above the cover is on and it looks just fine i think

Now for some primer

"Very sad indeed , but you need to do what you need to do."

A man's got to do...

Great details added!
Your built is going steady...

I like the chosen camo version.

Gr
Thiery

Same goes for the 1/32 Trumpeter kit. It’s just an incredibly large engine for an incredibly small engine bay. Kit makers tend to forget about that.

1/48 BF 109 F4 - ICM kit

Well time for an update, while building the Volvo engine I used the in-between time to finish this little guy off.

bf_109_yellow_12_1.jpg

bf_109_yellow_12_2.jpg

bf_109_yellow_12_3.jpg

bf_109_yellow_12_4.jpg

bf_109_yellow_12_5.jpg

bf_109_yellow_12_6.jpg

bf_109_yellow_12_.7jpeg

Hope you enjoyed it

Comments most welcome

Cheers G

Well done Graeme, you did a nice job there and that open engine bay gives it that little bit special.

Mooi resultaat wat je laat zien.

Thanks for the Kind comments chaps, much appreciated

Cheers G

A fine result, Graeme. I wouldn't mind about the chunk you had to remove from the engine if it's covered up after all. Nice camo scheme too. One remark would be the upper tail centerline panelline, I think there should be none as demonstrated on the boxart. It's easy to be mistaken if you look at paneling schemes because the antenna wire looks like a line, but I think it runs only on the tail underside.

Hi Steven, thank you for your comment and the point regarding the panel lines on the spine of the fuselage, this point Erwin and I discussed as well, I knew that there would be some controversy regarding it,

However, I have added a few photos of actual aircraft indicating that in this case upper panel lines are correct and not only on the BF 109 but on other specific aircraft as well.

Britmodeler has an article covering this as well.

It must also be noted how some of the panels don't line up either, so in my opinion accuracy here on the model can also be overlooked :)

Top%201.jpg

Top%202.jpg

Top%203.jpg

under_1.jpg

under_2.jpg

under_3.jpg

Thanks again for all the comments
G

Altijd tof dat er foto's bij jullie uitleg zijn dan begrijp ik beter over wat jullie het hebben.
Nu ben ik mee wat Steven bedoelde.

Hey,

Waouw G, great work. These photos clarify a lot....., nice detail...

Users who are viewing this thread

Terug
Bovenaan