Hoofdsponsor

1/48 LA 7 (Academy) - OOB

GraemeB

Registered
Lid geworden
24 sep 2012
Here is one that i finished in November 2019. this was a build for a Brown bag Challenge at my Club.

How it works:

Everyone that wants to enter pays an entrance fee around 20 to 30 euro
This will get you kit and a few odds and ends.
There are 3 Prizes 50 30 and 20 Euro respectively, the prizes come out of the entrance fee.

A wide variety of kits are purchased in a number of scales and sealed in Brown Paper Bags.
The bags are numbered and a draw takes place, you draw a number and the kit associated with the number is yours
You take what you get, no swapping.
The great thing about this is that if you get what you like, lucky for you if you don't then tough, if you out of your comfort zone build it.
the only Rules are you build OOB with scratch, no aftermarket sets.

That is how i ended with a Plane, totally out of my comfort Zone .

The result follows:

337F57CA-E85E-48AB-B924-AB4D83AF9B18.jpg

45C852D9-524D-463A-98A3-98AC3D86DA32.jpg

931B3063-E406-404C-891A-6C070A2F9F1E.jpg

I got lucky here and managed 2nd place

Thanks for looking

Laatst bewerkt door een moderator:
What a wonderful idea for a challenge!

Not knowing the range of competitors' quality levels of course but one couldn't be surprised at you having achieved a price-worthy result. Model is looking great, Stalin would have been proud of you comrade ;).

Is it me or has the urgency for preshading started to fade among airplane modellers? Second plane model I've seen on this forum in two days without preshading having been applied, I applaud that! :)

Working out of the comfort zone can be a bit stressful, but also very interesting and even rewarding :)
Nicely done Greame, you got the skills ;)

Thank you guys, to be honest this is my second only completed plane , the other being a 72 scale Matchbox BF 109

Hey G,

Waouw m8, looks indeed very good.
That's a nice challenge and a very good idea, good for oure clubmeetings.

Nice and clean... Interesting concept that brown bag build. Congratz with that second place.

Wonderful idea,

when do we start, count me in:D:D

Grtz.

Luc8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Terug
Bovenaan