Hoofdsponsor

1/24 Fujimi Porsche 917 rebuild [wip]

Schaal 1/24 - 1/25

GraemeB

Registered
Lid geworden
24 sep 2012
Fujimi Porsche 917 rebuild [Completed]

Hi Guys well here we go again, this will be the first of 5 rebuilds of the 917 Porsche, I received these kits from a friend who received them from a friend who started these builds and lost interest. All are of the 917K Porsche. so yes I have my work cut out here i think.

IMG_5400.jpg

Like i said , there are 5 of these and therefore i have heaps of parts to have to sort out

IMG_5401.jpg

Here are the main body parts as can be seen these have been previously painted and the paint is on really thick so it will have to be striped off

IMG_5402.jpg

This is the colour scheme that i will be painting it, its a hippie scheme , the car represents the car that finished 2nd at Kyalami in 1970

Hope you all enjoy

Laatst bewerkt:
Nice project, I have one of these in 1/18 scale. It's not a kit but a diecast from Norev that I want to give some extra detail.

Looking forward to this WIP.

Sincerely

Pascal

As a fan of endurance racing, I am following. Good luck with the project.

Another Porsche project and one with a smart colour scheme. Go for it G.

Nice vehicle, looking forward to the works ;)

Thanks you for the kind comments guys.

well after a lot of cursing and cussing the paint is eventually off, have know idea what the previous guys attempted on this model but there was enough paint to paint another 10 cars on this one.

I eventually had to use brake fluid to remove it, 4 days later and around 7 separate soakings and lots of scraping, its about done.

Here she is now, next will be some sanding and describing the panel lines, followed by some Primer.

IMG_5628.jpg

IMG_5630.jpg

Well anyone that knows the Porsche 917 will know that there are a lot of delicate parts which made this all the more difficult.

Thanks for looking

Some carefull sanding with water abrasive paper G will make it look better.
You're on the good track again m8.

wow impressif , its gonna be a nice built
Grt
Marc

Evening Guys and Happy New year to you all

Wel I did some more work to the 917, I permanently joined the 2upper body halves together, the reason being that as this model has no engine detail there is nothing to show, so having the rear half loose and removable is pointless. i also deepened the panel lines and did some more sanding. I am hoping to have some primer on soon.

IMG_5815.jpg

IMG_5816.jpg

So i think the Glue bomb is starting to look like a 917 again.

Rebuilds are definitely a lot more work than a box build.

Thank you for looking

hey Guys , well here we are with a bit of an update, still busy with the body and hope to have it done this weekend and have it ready for paint,
have started on some of the smaller parts as well as the Chassis, lots of fine detail on this car nd it is quite enjoyable

IMG_4720.jpg

IMG_4722.jpg

I will hopefully have another update this weekend
Thanks a lot for looking

wat a diference , nice work
suc6
Marc

Always a pleasure to see an old kit return to glory ;)

Grote update!

Mijn Zuid-Afrikaanse vriend Graeme heeft momenteel PC problemen maar hij heeft mij gevraagd of ik zijn foto's zou willen plaatsen, hetgeen ik natuurlijk met plezier doe.
Alle foto's werden genomen met gsm en dus kan er enige verkleuring inzitten.
Zij tonen de vordering in schuren en verven van zijn eerste Porsche 917 die hierboven reeds beschreven werd. Daarna gaat hij verder met het aanbrengen van de eerste decals en geloof mij deze waren werkelijk priegelwerk doordat sommige in meerdere stukken braken.
De laatste foto's tonen de aangebrachte vernislaag die nu blijkbaar nog een polish moet krijgen.

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

Ik vind het er prachtig uitzien en doe het hem zeker niet na.
Commentaren welkom.

Evening guys , and thank you Erwin for putting the pics up, yes she was painted yellow , sanded down and the decals applied, but as Erwin indicated what a battle, the decal sheet is by cartograph and they tore numerous time Micro set and sol took care of the curves and after a long fight they all went down ok, I have applied a 2k clear Cote and am waiting for it to cure so that I can flat it out and polish it, All seems nice and stable base was Tamiya yellow( rattle can)decantered and airbrushed , clear was Plascon Master Series automotive 2k, no issues, next time I will use automotive base cote.

Well guys , enjoy and I will be back with another update soon.

Wow mooi ,en eindelijk nog eens een auto en wat voor eentje
Nice work GraemeB
Marc

Hi Graeme, this is right up my alley. Really love it. Keep up the good work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Terug
Bovenaan